Vice City Roleplay Development Update (11/11/2018)
So as you may have noticed things have been pretty silent from our end excluding a couple of mapping previews on the Discord. We apologise for the lack of front end communication on our part but we aim to address this and keep the community up to date with any happenings from this point onwards. Recently I have completely overhauled the gamemode and made improvements where-ever possible to optimise the script and have it in an acceptable state for closed beta testing which is set to commence in the coming month. We appreciate those who have stuck by us and are aiming for a release during the holiday season.
Code: Select all
- Improved damage synchronisation between players.
- Improved the way that player deaths are handled.
- Vastly improved the efficiency of anti-cheat checks on players.
- Added dialog spoofing checks.
- Introduced an AFK timer.
- Introduced a new vehicle system which covers player, faction and admin spawned vehicles.
- Added a fuel system to vehicles with different classes of vehicles which affect the rate that fuel decreases while the engine is running.
- Added a speedometer.
- Added weapon storage to vehicles.
- Added the ability to give other players a set of keys to your vehicle.
- Player spawned vehicles belonging to disconnected players will remain on the map until the next hour rolls over (granted that they are unoccupied).
- Commands and interfaces relating to the furniture system have been adjusted to flow more naturally.
- Faction leadership can now disable faction chat for all players who do not hold a leadership rank.
- Faction leadership can respawn faction vehicles without admin intervention.
- Improved accuracy and efficiency of server logs.
- In Character jail/prison time continue to count down even whilst tabbed out of the game.
- Moved custom Vice City interiors back into default map boundaries to enable melee damage to occur between players within these interiors.
- Added prison interior and exterior mapping to the main server.
- Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to fall through the ground (and thus be destroyed) when a player entered an interior.
- Players who are performing a driveby can now lean back into the vehicle by pressing ‘H’ again and can then lean back out.
- Weapons now show on players bodies while they are in the player’s inventory (also limited which weapons can be carried at one time!)
- Smaller weapons can be concealed.
- Dropped weapons now disappear after 5 minutes of being on the ground.
- More miscellaneous changes
In the coming days you can expect to see developments for the criminal roleplay system. This includes the sale of, manufacturing of and distribution of drugs and weapons as well as other activities such as chop shops and more. Stay tuned.